Friday, September 13, 2013

Breaching Realism.

In the past I have found that even though I am consistent in forming extreme goals and dreams, I am often held back by being realistic. 

I have been everything but realistic over the past six months. Taking a gap year after graduating from Todd Central is unrealistic. Traveling to six countries in seven months at the age of eighteen with no one but sixteen other young adults is unrealistic. Coming up with $36,000 for tuition is unrealistic. Sitting in South Africa at this very moment, is unrealistic. Anything and everything about this adventure is utterly unrealistic. 

Realism is something that most individuals pride themselves in being. I on the other hand, now having had the taste of just how sweet it can be to break the cycle of realism, am choosing to never be realistic again. How could I? After working so hard to be unrealistic, and now being rewarded with an experience so real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment